Supervisor – Pack and Grinding Department
Pitman Farms / Norbest
This position reports to the Second Process Superintendent and is responsible for the overall operation of the grinding and case packing operations. Oversees all production activities including safety, product quality, order fulfillment, staffing, scheduling, etc.
- Work with management to fill orders.
- Work closely with USDA on rules and regulations of product.
- Maintain updates on all labels and weights on product.
- Ensure sanitary work conditions are maintained.
- Understand all SOPs and ensure that they are all followed and documented appropriately .
- Coordinate meat blocks between all packing and grinding operations.
- Monitor and take temperatures on all product.
- Perform pre-op test before shift begins.
- Track multiple performance metrics.
- Ensure all equipment is functioning smoothly and coordinate maintenance with appropriate departments.
- Manage employee scheduling.
- Responsible for training new employees on safety and company rules.
- Responsible for all employee accountability and disciplinary issues.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Responsible for thaw out unit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience in food manufacturing (poultry experience preferred).
- Self-motivated; ability to manage with consistency and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable in HACCP, BRC, and other food safety programs and principles.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams effectively.
- Skilled in managing large numbers of employees.
- Good computer skills including use of email, Microsoft Office, and other digital production and inventory tools.
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb and reach, stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time in both hot and cold temperatures.
- Able to operate and train on PIT equipment.
- Able to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Able to read, write, and understand complex information in English.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Samoan is preferred, but not required.
To Apply in person, contact HR Director at 350 S 300 W, Moroni, UT
- Fax: 435 436-8280
- Phone: 435-436-8211
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org